*The Pointless Writer*

has a life you're completely uninterested in. But it's okay because I can write. No abbreviations. No shoddy grammar (though I'm not immune to mistakes). Just quality writing on sometimes completely pointless topics.

Inspiration/ Hilarity

`cirque. (by Nick)
The Joel Stein
Hyperbole and a Half (by Allie Brosh)

Pointless Yakking

No chatbox.


UnPoints of Note

1. I write when fancy takes. Sometimes, fancy takes many months of leave.
2. Never give up on this blog. I will eventually come back. When fancy has returned from its unfaithful travels.
3. All posts labelled Randomosity were written while I was on my junior college's blog team.
4. Everything is written as a challenge to myself. And it's all in good fun. Cheerio!


We're such good friends, my Stomach and I
Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We’re such good friends, my stomach and I. We’re always in sync. We wake up together and are never apart. First thing in the morning, when my alarm rings, my stomach rings a bell too – bawling at me, “I’m hungry!” I never neglect my stomach and she loves me for that. I always make sure she’s had enough.

It’s a mutually beneficial relationship. I feed her consistently, and she tells me what nutrients my body’s lacking. Sometimes, I crave fruits – that’s my stomach hint-hint-hinting that I need vitamins! We communicate extraordinarily well, she and I, we do. Since she lacks a tongue of her own, she uses mine. What a cooperative tongue we share! When she tells me that she’s hungry, all I have to do is close my eyes and imagine eating a few different things. My salivary glands act up and my tongue expresses joy when I’ve imagined the right food that my stomach wants. Ahh, we never argue due to miscommunication.

Of course, no friendship is real without being deepened and developed by conflict. Similarly, my stomach and I have our differences. For instance, I love dairy products like milk and cheese. My stomach… not so much. Sometimes, I consume too much milk and cheese, and she gets upset with me. She growls and groans at times like these to express her extreme displeasure. Oftentimes, my bowels side with her. On the other hand, my stomach loves fibrous vegetables. I hate chewing them. Again, my bowels betray me for her.

But all in all, we’re pretty good friends, my stomach and I. We never fight for long. My stomach is more prone to temper-tantrums than I am, but I am patient with her. On her part, she never fails to tell me what I need to eat. We’re such good friends, my stomach and I.

Labels:


Chanson des Étoiles at 10:33 PM