*The Pointless Writer*

has a life you're completely uninterested in. But it's okay because I can write. No abbreviations. No shoddy grammar (though I'm not immune to mistakes). Just quality writing on sometimes completely pointless topics.

Inspiration/ Hilarity

`cirque. (by Nick)
The Joel Stein
Hyperbole and a Half (by Allie Brosh)

Pointless Yakking

No chatbox.


UnPoints of Note

1. I write when fancy takes. Sometimes, fancy takes many months of leave.
2. Never give up on this blog. I will eventually come back. When fancy has returned from its unfaithful travels.
3. All posts labelled Randomosity were written while I was on my junior college's blog team.
4. Everything is written as a challenge to myself. And it's all in good fun. Cheerio!


Santa Claus' Cookies
Friday, May 27, 2011

So far, I've either opted not to post entries I wrote that are too closely tied to my junior college or edited them slightly so they don't seem too out-of-place on this blog. However, the following post is nearly impossible to edit to cut out mentions of anything JC-related, yet I quite like it, PLUS someone commented, "Wow. That’s the longest post I have ever seen on 2 cookies (and a paper bag)!" Well, dang it, now I HAVE to post this! (Happy reading!)


See that above? That’s a paper bag. No way. Yes, way. Paper bags are cool. They rustle and they’re environmentally friendly. What more could you ask for? I mean, bio-degradable is the new black. Plus this one has a ribbon. RED AND SILVER. Talk about an early Christmas. Well, if you haven’t fallen in the love with the paper bag, you’re sure to fall in love with its contents.

Oxygen.

Kidding, kidding. I don’t know if you can tell, but that paper bag in the picture is empty. I tried to fluff it out a little to make it look like it did when I first saw it, but I’m not sure I succeeded. Because there was actually something other than air in it, when I retrieved it from my teacher’s letter tray. Which teacher, you ask? None other than the teacher in charge of this awesome blog!

Okay, so it doesn’t sound that impressive when you still have that image of an empty paper bag in your head. Imagine this: you reluctantly untie that gorgeous red and silver ribbon, and carefully open the amazing paper bag (no, really, I love paper bags. No joke) and then you see your future inside. Two HUGE cookies. You start to hyperventilate right there and then, and your saliva glands go haywire, so much so a concerned fellow student asks if you’re having an epileptic fit, to which you sarcastically reply, “Of course, I’d totally be able to answer you now if I were.”

Well, of course, I didn’t hyperventilate and I didn’t drool. But I really was loathe to untie that pretty paper bag. But hey, food trumps all, and I knew there was food inside. You know, if food is the way to a man’s heart, then I must be a man! ;) No, no, I’m not queuing up for gender change. Surgeries just freak me out. Plus I’m happy being a girl. No NS for me!

So anyway, I fell in love on the spot. They were HUGE and ROUND and YUMMY-LOOKING. I love cookies. I don’t what it is that sets them aside from other biscuits, but if biscuits had gods, cookies would be them. They even sound adorable. Try it: cookies… I know why! There’s alliteration. xD I’m swooning just thinking about them. Of course, I ate them ASAP.

It’s all about instant gratification, baby.

(Okay, I’m not condoning instant gratification, so don’t sue me. I have no money to get a lawyer! Honestly, I don’t even agree with that line above. It just has a nice ring to it. At least, to me. If you disagree, go write your own post for this blog!)

Yes, well, I wasn’t the only one to get cookies, of course. All the J2s got cookies! (To give us energy for the dreaded MID-YEARS.) I think we all just died and went to heaven. Or maybe it’s just me. I think we already established that cookies are my future…

Kidding, cookies aren’t my future. They’re just part of my forever. I will never turn my back on cookies. ;) Those cookies were good quality cookies too, before I ate them up. *sighs dreamily* It was love at first sight…

Photo credit!: Randomosity’s 2 megapixel hand phone camera, Randomosity’s lousy photography skills, and Randomosity's Winx Club bedsheet for the awesome background.

Labels:


Chanson des Étoiles at 9:43 AM